About Jolie Papillon
“Miss Jolie Papillon is an award-winning Burlesque Superstar and one of the most highly skilled showgirls across the world with the reputation of “Burlesque Royalty”. Miss Jolie is an exquisite dancer and songbird trained at one of Europe’s most prestigious musical theatre academies before making her mark on the glamorous world of burlesque. She has recently been voted one of the Most Influential Burlesque Industry Figures in the U.K. and worldwide.
Find Miss Jolie currently staring in the multi-award-winning show La Clique at the Underbelly Festival in London Cavendish Square.
You can also catch her every week at her residency, The Maine Mayfair, dancing with live jazz bands and soon returning as the headliner at the historic Windmill Theatre.
Jolie is the cover girl of the new award-winning book – STRIP | TEASE, the burlesque photography of Tigz Rice. She is also featured throughout amongst many other iconic burlesque artists from all over the world.
Jolie is currently appearing and headlining London’s best cabaret shows, touring the world in her giant Martini Glass with Party Like Gatsby, performing for luxury private events and directing the acclaimed Gin House Burlesque Revue.”
Jolie has been a pioneer of the burlesque scene in the Middle East, starring in “The Art of Burlesque” at the Casino Du Liban produced by Achillea in 2015.
She has appeared in various music videos, on National and International Television, MTV, Made in Chelsea Channel 4 and presented a BAFTA award in 2013. She has entertained celebrities, members of the Royal Family, the King of Saudi and being the guest star for clients such as Perrier, Porsche, YSL, L’Oréal and many more. She was awarded the crown of Burlesque Idol UK in 2011 in her first year as a soloist, starred in one of the largest Burlesque UK theatre tours the following year and has been nominated for the London Cabaret Award as best burlesque act 2014.
Born in Italy in the home town of Federico Fellini, Miss Jolie Papillon is the epitome of a golden age, Italian movie star – exotic, glamorous and exquisitely sophisticated. With a passion and dedication to showing the audience the best of burlesque, this commitment to uplift and entertain has made Jolie one of the shining stars of the world-leading, London Cabaret scene.”
QUOTES, REVIEWS & TESTIMONIALS.
- “Dazzling” – The Time Out
- “Moves for Days” – Broadway World
- “La Dolce Vita of Burlesque” – MTV
- “Sublime Burlesque.”– Gay Times Magazine
- “Probably the best burlesque act I have ever seen” – Sternberg Clarke
- “Breathtaking perfection. Everything a burlesque performer should be.”– The Gay UK
- “A true burlesque dancer.” – One Stop Arts
- “An absolute gem of a performer. Five stars!”– McQueen Shoreditch
- “Jolie is the feminine embodiment.” – FROZEN, Italy
- “Italian beauty, graceful and seductive dancer. Her acts show off her dexterity and suppleness as a performer. The audience reaction is ecstatic!”– This is cabaret
- “The very best of burlesque today.”– The Neon Moon Burlesque and Cabaret Club
- “Sexy, sassy and beautiful!”– www.lastminutetheatretickets.com
- “Racy and suggestive, Jolie Papillion excites the crowd, seducing and alluring in an attractive dance number that has you gawking.” – The Upcoming
AWARDS & NOMINATIONS
- 2019 and 2018 Voted Most Influential Burlesque Industry Figure in the U.K. and Worldwide
- 2018 Nominated One of Britain’s Ten Best Cabaret Stars
- 2014 Nominated at the London Cabaret Award as Best Burlesque act
- 2011 Winner of Burlesque Idol UK.